Shout Out To The Trades



Sprinkler Repair Richardson
700 Regal Ct #381
Richardson, TX 75080
(469) 904-0313
https://www.sprinklergarland.com/richardson.html

A big thanks to all the concrete finishers out there! To what do you owe this pleasure you may ask? In any construction job there are steps that should always be followed in sequence. Unfortunately deadlines get tight and things that should happen in order do always go like they should. Ok, so I am specifically talking about? I am referring to the act of running a conduit line namely a wide enough pvc pipe underneath the concrete sidewalk, driveway or any other type of permanent structure that requires some forethought in order for your friendly neighborhood sprinkler installation near me crew to be able to get sprinkler pipe and wire from one side of the driveway, sidewalk. . . yada yada yada we get the point, to the other side.

Showing up on a new sprinkler install and realizing that there isn't a conduit run underneath the concrete used to be a common occurrence. And more often than not the "easy" fix was to bust out the sidewalk in order to run the sprinkler line. But to say that is easy is only saying that it is often times easier to do that than try and get a line underneath established concrete. Because any concrete guy knows that any good concrete has to have a good base of compacted aggregate. And that stuff can be impossible to get through.

But I know how it can be when one of your guys or you was suppose to bring or buy the pipe to place under the sidewalk and they didn't and then the concrete logan mixer shows up and your still prepping the driveway and your last concern is to bury some pipe that your not even going to use by the way. So the easiest solution in that situation is to forget about it and leave it without the pipe runner. Cause if your the finisher your thought is "so what I'll be long gone by the time the sprinkler guys show up : )

But seriously, it's been awhile since I've gone to a job and there wasn't a pipe runner under the concrete. And I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Honestly its become so common to have a conduit that if I do find myself in a situation without one I'm not sure how well I'm gonna handle it. Perhaps the builders  themselves are getting better about such things because if I have to have some concrete torn out in order to install a conduit pipe I'm sure someone is gonna get back charged or their doing it for free and having to pay for the replacement concrete as well. But I digress. There's no need to go negative. There are definitely things that I need to do to leave the next guys job easier because I followed the process. . . I just can't think of any right now for the reason that I' usually one of the last Trades to be on the job before the house closes. If I happen to think of one I'll post an update. Until then happy Trading and thanks to all the other trades out there that make it easier for everyone else to do their job!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sprinkler Repair Near Me

Automatic Sprinkler Repair Garland TX